Sunday, April 24, 2011

Method 5

White flower

I located this image in Flickr by conducting an advanced search. I checked the box to only search within creative commons licensed content.  The creator of the image permits non-commercial use with attribution and share alike.  The photographer is  Orgur Mulazimoglu.  I tried to upload the image using the upload image link in blogger.  I pasted the URL, but it would not work.  I pasted the embedded code from the image in the HTML editor in blogger and that worked!

I chose not to create a Flickr account and upload photographs.  I already use some photo sharing sites, but only share with specific family or friends by emailing links. 

As far as using photo sharing for the library, I am confused about the legalities after reading the article by Michael Stephens.  I work at a high school and am not sure about student.parent permission for posting student images.  I love some of the ideas libraries are using in the flickr groups.  I noticed the group requesting images from Carnegie funded libraries.  In my town, we have a beautiful old Carnegie Library building that houses our museum.  I did not see a photo of it, so I will plan to take one and add it to the group.  I plan to explore more ideas for my library as far as creating groups for a contest or something similar to the Carnegie Library Group.

No comments:

Post a Comment