Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Method 12

My favorite discovery was learning how to use the Meebo widget.  I have seen these on web sites but had no idea it was such a simple tool.  


I have heard of most of these web 2.0 tools but it was nice to get background information on them.  I thought the " Commoncraft" and "In Plain English" videos were great to provide an introduction to each tool.  


I would definitely participate in another course.  I have taken many online courses and consider this one of the best.  I like the fact that we blogged about our experiences and had to actually use the web 2.0 tools.  I also learned a lot from reading the articles.  Discovering how other libraries use the tools was another great element of the course.


It is difficult to keep up with all the emerging web 2.0 tools.  I am the only librarian in my school and have learned a lot from this and other TSLA courses and webinars.    With shrinking budgets, I also appreciate that the courses are offered free and online.  I have shared information with the teachers and students in my school.  

No comments:

Post a Comment