Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Method 10



I found it interesting to get some background information on Wiki's.  Though I am familiar with  and use them, I guess I really had not thought too much about how they differ from blogs and other online tools.  On the wiki for this assignment,  I posted a link to Awful Library Books which highlights the importance of weeding in an entertaining blog.


I am a member of a school library book review group.  We have a wiki we use to post our book reviews to make them available for all members.


Wikis would be great collaboration tools for students to use in class projects or to create pathfinders for assignments.


Interestingly, I met a librarian at TLA who had received a grant from NASA to update the planetary information on Wikipedia!  

No comments:

Post a Comment